9.29.2009

the last emperor

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I was in a major angst mood last week. Sometimes I don't know if I'm cut out for the fashion world. Parsons definitely prepared me for the "real world" with all the favoritism and ass kissing going on with students, teachers and a certain Mr. Tim Gunn. Five years and a diploma later, I still cant compromise my integrity to get ahead in my career. I just believe in hard work, talent and dedication. Unfortunately those aren't always the traits that get you ahead in this industry.

Maybe the Netflix gods were feeling sorry for me, cause this movie showed up in my mailbox and reminded me of why I do love fashion so much.

Valentino is genius! His gowns are truly a work of art and absolutely beautiful. However, a lot of the credit has to go to those women who work in his sample room. Their hands are the real tools that create Valentino's beautiful gowns. After seeing them work, I realized that sometimes fashion can be a thankless job. Someone could take all the credit for something that you put your blood, sweat and tears into. But at the end of the day, you are doing something that you are so passionate about that you're just grateful to wake up everyday and be able to do what you love.

1 comment:

Tu-Anh said...

not many are blessed enough to be able to say they are doing what they love.

please post up your work or what you are doing in fashion! so interesting