9.02.2010

bridesmaid cards

I wanted to find a creative way to ask my sister, sister in law to be, best friend and high school friend to be part of my wedding.

While reading through my wedding blog list, I found the cutest D.I.Y bridesmaid card project from Once Wed.

This was my first D.I.Y project for the wedding. Luckily, there are so many paper resources in the city, so finding all the supplies was fun!

Then came the challenging part, actually making the cards. I felt like I was doing another Parsons freshman year project.

It was hard cutting the bodies to be perfectly the same size. I guess my scissor skills are a little rusty. All the girls are wearing grey dresses in the shade of grey I want in real life.

pic namepic name

Cutting the hair with an xacto knife was making me crazy. I don't know why I had so much trouble getting them to all be the same size. I even used a template.

In my little package I included a photo card with a heartfelt note. I chose pictures that capture us in laughter or just being silly.

I also added a postcard in my wedding colors with location details and date. I love the Martha Stewart edge punches I found at Micheal's. They have a variety of shapes and borders you can choose from.

Everything was packed together in a envelope sealed with a cute button sticker and Japanese masking tape in yellow.


No comments: