11.12.2009

avec eric

When the boyfriend and I first started dating, he took me to his favorite restaurant in the city, Le Bernardin. I was wowed by the amazing presentation and every delicious course that came out of the kitchen by Eric Ripert. Ever since then, hands down Le Bernardin has become one of my top New York City restaurants. In my fan club, is the New York Times which has given it 4 stars and the Michelin Guide which given it 3 stars over a span of 20 years.



Eric Ripert has a new show on PBS called Avec Eric. We get to follow him on his travels around the world. We see where he finds inspiration, meets people along the way and then takes what he learns to bring a dish that is easily prepared by you! I know sometimes coooking can be intimdating, but he makes it so easy. I am literally drooling everytime I watch this show!


He had a screening of his show and Q&A session at the Whole Foods on Bowery.

But, the boyfriend and I couldn't even hang on until showed up
. We were so hungry and the thought of watching all the delicious food made us delirious. We ended up leaving and catching dumplings at my favorite place in St. Marks, Dumpling man. The pork seared and chicken seared ones are my favorite!




No comments: